VMMCH IN A NUTSHELL
Approved by the Government of India and the Government of Pondicherry
Approved by the Medical Council of India MCI)
Permanent recognition from the Ministry of Health, Government of India
A constituent college of Vinayaka Missions University
Vinayaka Missionâ€›s Medical College & Hospitals (VMMCH), Karaikal was established in 1996
Listed in the WHO List of World Medical Schools
Post Graduate programs from 2006 - 2007
Approved and notified in the Gazette of India by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India in concurrence with the University Grants Commission (UGC), India
The Mission of Vinayaka Mission’s Medical College, Karaikal is to prepare the students of the college in both Preclinical and Clinical knowledge and familiarize them with the recent trends in medical technology, therapeutics and emerging disease patterns in society.The goal is to enable them to provide primary health care and instill in them the attitude for learning as Medicine is a dynamic subject.
• Situated in Karaikal on the seashore at Keezhakasakudimedu
• Healthy rural atmosphere
• A sprawling 150 acre campus
• More than 500 students
• Multistoreyed infrastructure
• Well-equipped laboratories, museum, demonstration rooms and classrooms for pre & paraclinicals
• Well-equipped 600 bedded hospital
• Highly qualified teaching staff with rich experience
• Main library with more than 7000 books and 100 international and Indian journals
• Departmental libraries with more than 1700 books
• 10 air-conditioned operation theatres
• The hospital has fully a equipped ICCU and IMCU.
• It is equipped with defibrillators, ventilators, CT scan, MRI, colour doppler, modern x-ray machines, ultra sound machine, dialysis machine, autoanalyzer, etc.
• Central sterilization department and central oxygen vacuum connection
• It maintains a good strength of inpatients and out patients
• Experienced team of doctors
• Free medical service and consultation by the doctors
• Free treatment to the poor patients
• Rural Peripheral Centres and regular health camps
• Participating in government programs in Primary Health Centres, issuance of health card and implementation of health tourism
• Regular CME programs
• Separate hostels for boys and girls in the campus
• Sophisticated staff quarters in the campus
• Indoor and outdoor games in the college campus and in the hostels
• Students activities including cultural clubs and art clubs
• Excellent results
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Vision of the School of Medicine
The Medical School has been started with a vision to impart international quality medical education to the rural and deprived community, so that world class quality medical graduates go out to render service to the population at large.
Mission of the School of Medicine
To render social service to society by spreading technical and professional education.
Objectives of the School of Medicine
• To provide the student the highest quality of education in the various branches of medicine and extend a perfect learning experience and atmosphere.
• To demonstrate appreciable skill and knowledge and to participate actively in the professional growth of self, of the institution and of the country’s knowledge base.
• To contribute to the development of medicine by the active participation in scholarly research in the medical field.
• To develop team spirit and the ability to work along with other health team personnel.
Evaluation of Attainment of Objectives
Strength of the School in meeting objectives
1. Well-qualified, well-trained and committed faculty
2. Good infrastructure for learning
Areas of Concern
1. Learning process
3. Extra/ co-curricular activities, sports, culturals, etc.
4. Social service
Strategies to maintain strength and steps taken to address the problem
Constant review, interaction and assessment of their progress.Short Description