Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Medical College & Hospitals (VMKVMCH) was established on 6th June, 1995 and is located at Seeragapadi, Salem. VMKVMCH is duly approved by the Medical Council of India and the Central Government and is a constituent college of Vinayaka Missions University (VMU).
The college is spread out over 159.94 acres and comprises a built up area of 969953 sq. ft. The college is well-equipped with the necessary infrastructural facilities in laboratories and other clinical facilities for the efficient running of the M.B.B.S course. It has earned for itself great repute among the general public and health professionals in Tamil Nadu, India and other countries. VMKVMCH has a 600 bedded hospital in the college campus itself and has the latest equipment and technological services. The hospital provides round the clock services which include emergency, OPD and inpatient services in addition to the teaching and training of students and medical research.
M.B.B.S - BACHELOR OF MEDICINE AND BACHELOR OF SURGERY
1. To provide the student the highest quality of education in the various branches of medicine and to provide a perfect learning experience and atmosphere.
2. To demonstrate appreciable skill and knowledge and participate actively in the professional growth of self, of the institution and of the country’s knowledge base.
3. To contribute to the development of medicine by the active participation in scholarly research in the medical field.
4. To develop team spirit and the ability to work collaboratively with other health team personnel.
Renewal of missions objectives: The objectives are assessed every three years with respect to the realization of goals and higher objectives are set in accordance with the changing scenarios.
Besides the MBBS program, the college also offers the following PG (Post Graduate) courses :
1. Master degree in General Medicine - M.D. (General Medicine)
2. Master degree in Paediatrics. - M.D. (Paediatrics)
3. Master degree in Skin & STD - M.D. (Skin & STD)
4. Master degree in General Surgery - M.S. (General Surgery)
5. Master degree in Orthopaedics - M.S. (Orthopaedics)
6. Master degree in Ophthalmology - M.S. (Ophthalmology)
7. Master degree in E.N.T - M.S. (E.N.T)
8. Master degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology - M.D (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
9. Master degree in Anesthesiology. - M.D (Anesthesiology)
10. Master degree in Radiology - M.D (Radiology)
11. Diploma in E.N.T – D.L.O
12. Diploma in Ophthalmology – D.O
13. Diploma in Orthopedics – D.Ortho.
14. Diploma in Anesthesiology – D.A
Number of Major Surgical Operations
Number of Minor Surgical Operations
Number of Normal Deliveries
Number of Caesarian Sections
Results Summary - VMKVMCH